Escorted Tours of Australia 2023/2024
A tour of Australia is an excellent way to explore the diverse landscapes, vibrant cities, and unique cultural experiences that the country has to offer. Due to the vast size of Australia, it's common for tours to focus on specific regions or popular highlights. Here's a general overview of what you can expect from a tour of Australia:
- East Coast Tour: One of the most popular routes is the East Coast tour, which typically starts in Sydney and ends in Cairns or vice versa. This tour allows you to visit iconic destinations such as the Great Barrier Reef, Whitsunday Islands, Fraser Island, the Gold Coast, and the cosmopolitan cities of Sydney and Brisbane.
- Red Centre Tour: A tour of Australia's Red Centre will take you to the heart of the country, where you can experience the awe-inspiring Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), and Kings Canyon. Alice Springs is often included in these tours, allowing you to learn about Aboriginal culture and explore the rugged outback.
- Great Ocean Road Tour: This tour takes you along the stunning coastline of Victoria, starting from Melbourne. You'll have the opportunity to witness the dramatic rock formations of the Twelve Apostles, explore charming coastal towns, visit national parks, and enjoy breathtaking ocean views.
- Tasmania Tour: Tasmania, an island state off the southern coast of Australia, offers a unique natural beauty and wildlife experiences. A tour of Tasmania may include visits to Hobart, Freycinet National Park, Cradle Mountain, Wineglass Bay, and the historic Port Arthur.
- Outback Adventures: For those seeking an authentic outback experience, tours are available to explore remote regions such as the Kimberley in Western Australia, the Flinders Ranges in South Australia, or the Top End in the Northern Territory. These tours often involve rugged landscapes, indigenous cultural encounters, and wildlife spotting.
- City Highlights Tour: If you're primarily interested in Australia's major cities, there are tours available that focus on the urban attractions. This might include exploring Sydney's iconic landmarks, Melbourne's vibrant arts scene, Brisbane's cultural offerings, or the laid-back charm of Perth.
- Wildlife and Nature Tours: Australia is renowned for its unique wildlife, including kangaroos, koalas, and a variety of endemic species. Wildlife and nature tours provide opportunities to encounter these animals in their natural habitats, such as the Great Barrier Reef, the Daintree Rainforest, or Kangaroo Island.
- Self-Drive Tours: If you prefer more flexibility and independence, you can consider a self-drive tour, where you rent a car and follow a pre-planned itinerary at your own pace. This allows you to explore specific regions or create a customized route based on your interests.
It's important to research different tour operators, read reviews, and compare itineraries and prices to find the one that suits your preferences and budget. Australia's climate and seasons can vary greatly, so be sure to consider the best time to visit each region to make the most of your tour.
Keep in mind that a tour of Australia may require significant travel time between destinations, so plan accordingly and consider the duration of your trip to ensure you have enough time to fully experience each location.
Send a Holiday Enquiry
Please complete all fields fully as this ensures we have all the details to answer your request.